- Provide daily technical support for a 24x7x365 broadcast facility, including the maintenance and repair of television transmitter equipment (RF, TV, Microwave, Fiber, Satellite, etc.), receivers, field and studio cameras, production switchers, graphics systems, audio equipment, A/V routers, intercoms, television production automation systems, broadcast camera robotic systems, studio monitors and wiring.
- Contribute to the overall compliance status of a broadcast television station with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and other government agencies by maintaining all required logs and reporting incidents or providing required status updates.
- Directly perform or coordinate vendor maintenance of facilities HVAC, perimeter systems and electrical systems including high voltage, generator/transfer switch and UPS. Basic knowledge of plumbing, gas/boiler systems with regards to their function and upkeep.
- Research and identify potential solutions for evolving technology environment. Work directly with vendors to understand current product lineups and obtain quotes to support budgeting for new systems.
- Maintain ownership of multiple projects with a regular emphasis on multitasking and reprioritizing in a very dynamic, high-availability technology environment.
- Assume ownership of a number of Environmental, Health and Safety elements, including Chemical Spill Containment and High Risk Operations, Electrical Safety (Lock Out, Tag Out).
- Collaboration with team across multiple technical disciplines.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience including: hands on work with wiring, cable termination, component installation and repair.
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends, holidays and overnights and to return to work in emergencies depending upon news coverage.
- Must have the ability to work any of a 24 x 7 shift
- Must be willing to work at the station in West Hartford, CT.
- Must be a member or be willing to become a member of the IBEW union.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to stand, walk, bend and lift up to 50 pounds, carrying up to 25 pounds for up to half mile at a time, climb a ladder up to 12 feet
Electrical Engineering Degree
Masters’ in Engineering
Experience with Broadcast systems maintenance and repair
Demonstrated ability to read technical drawings (CAD) and update them as needed
To apply for this job please visit www.nbcunicareers.com.