Georgia State University
Georgia State University’s Instructional Innovation and Technology (IIT) is seeking a multi-faceted Broadcast Engineer to join our vibrant and growing team. The Broadcast Engineer, Lead guides the design, upgrade path, maintenance, and operational effectiveness of broadcast and live production environments for Georgia State University and IIT. This position provides an understanding to complex issues that surround the design, maintenance, and implementation of broadcast systems and production environments. Knowledge within this position includes mastery of both live production and broadcast audio and video workflow technologies associated as well as modern networking concepts within production and broadcast environments. The Learning Environments Broadcast Engineer, Lead supports the interactions between technical support issues, design best practices, and customer requirements. This position is responsible for staying abreast of emerging technologies and how those technologies can be applied with regards to maintaining and improving our production and broadcast environments.
This position maintains communication between multiple University and some external groups involved in the complex task of producing broadcasts and live events in IIT supported venues at Georgia State University. The Broadcast Engineer, Lead has extensive knowledge and experience with the following concepts and technologies: broadcast video and audio routers, Dante audio, digital video and audio distribution and switching, SMPTE fiber-connected video cameras, signal distribution over fiber optic cable, broadcast camera maintenance, ClearCom or RTS intercom systems, NDI workflow, advanced IP networking skills, multi-venue/centralized broadcast suite, broadcast graphics and replay systems. The Broadcast Engineer, Lead is responsible for ensuring all broadcast and live systems are properly configured and supported for all broadcast and live events in IIT supported venues and includes coordination with any external entities needing connectivity into or throughout any IIT supported venue.
The scope responsibility will include these essential duties but is not limited to the following,
- Command advanced broadcast audio, video, and networking technologies including broadcast video camera operation and maintenance / digital video and audio switching and routing / communications systems / graphics insertion / replay / and NDI connectivity, operation, and configuration.
- Lead the discussion of holistic design principles within broadcast and production environments including the convergence of technology and environmental solutions for live event and broadcast best practices.
- Coordinate installation, preventive maintenance, operation, expansion, and upgrades of production and broadcast environments with major campus groups such as GSU Athletics, Event Management, and Facilities Management.
- Research, develop, and integrate new broadcast and live production technologies to enhance interoperability of systems, streamline operations, and ensure high quality live production and broadcasts.
- Act as game-day engineer at broadcasted athletic events and other live productions as directed. Possess engineering and operational knowledge in all associated systems to enable reliability of service and rapid return to services in the event of a failure.
- Assist the chief engineer in maintaining relationships and communicating effectively with GSU Athletics, Event Management, and other campus groups
- Oversee the setup, maintenance, and operational condition of all broadcast and live production equipment and report to the lead or chief engineer any issues that need to be addressed.
Disclaimer: This job requisition provides a high-level job definition. It is not intended to provide a comprehensive or exclusive list of job duties. As such, job duties and/or responsibilities within the context of this job requisition may change at the discretion the employee’s direct supervisor.
: Bachelor’s degree and three years of related experience; or a combination of education and relation experience.
: Instructional Innovation & Technology
: Atlanta Campus
To apply for this job please visit gsu.taleo.net.