Globecast is seeking an experienced and highly motivated engineer who will be responsible for the maintenance, installation, and support of the broadcast infrastructure pertaining to the content and digital media ingest, origination, orchestration, processing, and distribution. The position will be a part of the platforms team responsible for project design and implementation as well as 24/7 operational support. We are looking for individuals that are driven, agile, and can strongly adapt to change and most of all, take equal ownership of their responsibilities and supporting roles of others. The position may entail a rotating shift pattern that may include occasional overnight coverage.
- Architectural design, workflow, and integration of live services and live events
- Support existing infrastructure residing on-premise, cloud, and hybrid-cloud
- Support client onboarding process that includes preliminary designs and proof-of-concept testing
- Provide external support for existing clients – this is a customer-facing role
- Provide inter-departmental support giving technical feedback and incident reporting
- Documentation of workflows and signal path in Visio
- 5+ years of experience in hands-on deployment pertaining to content origination and media asset management
- Bachelors or Associates Degree from a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline; or Technical Certifications with relevant experience
- Deep understanding of file-based transcoding, compression, FTP and file acceleration (Aspera, Signiant) used for content ingest, quality control, playout, and automation
- Workflows involving media ingest and QoS, particularly with Telestream Vantage, Vidchecker or Baton, Aspera, AWS MediaLive/MediaPackage
- Hands-on experience with on-premise playout platforms such as Evertz Mediator, Cinegy, Inetsat, and Harris ITX as well as associated MAM systems and orchestration layers
- Proficient with commonly used media exchange formats and metrics
- Understanding of applications and use-cases for ancillary data such as caption embedding, and in-band triggers as well as industry standards (ie. SMPTE, VSF, SCTE) within the content supply chain
- Experience with managed services from a cloud provider such as AWS and Azure – an AWS track with certifications, in particular, is highly desired
- Understanding of automation scripting and techniques
- Understanding of various enterprise storage mediums, data handling, and security
- Video over IP applications, specifically unicast, multicast, TCP/UDP, IGMP, routing and switching
- Experience with servers (Windows/Linux) and virtualization
- Code and patch deployment, scripting languages
- Manage, track and document changes to software systems
- Deploy applications via automation with configuration management tools (.yaml)
- Measure performance and environment of application with system & application log tools
- Familiarity with: Amazon Web Services: Lambda and AWS EC2, ECS, ECR, Lambda, Hybrik, Mediatailer, Elastic transcoder
- AWS Certifications: AWS Certified DevOps Engineer (preferred)
Working knowledge of:
- Infrastructure-as-code such as Ansible, Azure, CFEngine, Chef, Cloudformation, Docker, Juju, NixOS, Puppet, (R)?ex, SaltStack, Sensu, Terraform, Vagrant
- Configuration Management such as Ansible, Chef, Cloudformation, Pipeline, Puppet, Jenkins, SaltStack, Terraform,
- CI/CD Implementation such as AppVeyor, Circle CI, Drone, GitLab, Jenkins, Mule, Spinnaker, TravisCI
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES:
Supports the company’s mission and goals by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, collaboration, innovation, respect, accountability, and ownership.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities, and skills. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Individuals assigned to this position must be able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek management assistance as appropriate.
Globecast offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package.
Globecast provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.