The ES Global Operations & Engineering team is the central point of contact for all customers receiving operational services from Eurovision Services. The team coordinates and manages the requirements and delivery of operational services for all events, including transmissions and media services between customers (e.g. media organisations, sport federations and event organisers). The ES Global Operations & Engineering Team is responsible for delivering high-quality services, achieving ambitious operational objectives, implementing reliable solutions to provide outstanding value and services for our customers while optimising costs to improve our bottom line.
The Broadcast Engineer is responsible, in coordination and cooperation with other engineers and partners across the network, for the set-up, monitoring and orchestration of live transmissions and worldwide events across our Eurovision Global Network to the highest quality required by our customers. In this position you will also provide Level 1 and Level 2 technical support to our customers. The position is part of the 24/7 operational support.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION
In this role as Broadcast Engineer you will:
- Manage the set-up, monitoring and coordination of live transmissions from the NOC
- Provide outstanding first line technical support (Level 1 and Level 2) for all transmission services and equipment on our Eurovision Global Network
- In coordination with the TAC report faults and modifications on equipment or at any important technical point across the network
- Take the temporary measures required in order to ensure business continuity of broadcast services
- Through active monitoring assure consistent high quality of our services
- Apply well documented preventive maintenances procedures to avoid any outage
- Support the client onboarding process that includes preliminary designs and proof-of-concept testing
- Provide technical feedback and incident reporting to other units
- Document workflows and networks designs
- Participate in event projects to provide technical guidance and engineering solutions
- Travel and take part in outside missions, as a technical coordinator, engineer and engineer in charge
- Produce documentation in English
- Provide outstanding customer service to all customers (internal and external)
- Work in shifts that include weekends or overnight coverage and on-call on a rotating basis
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The successful candidate needs to have:
- Excellent knowledge of broadcast and media workflows
- Hands-on experience with broadcast equipment and infrastructure (installation, operation and maintenance)
- Proven experience with broadcast systems: satellite communications, fibre, streaming
- Proven experience with MPEG compression and multiplexing, DVB-ASI and DVB-IP
- Proven experience with signal switching and processing: ASI/SDI matrix, standard conversion, monitoring systems, quality assurance of video signals and the ability to identify anomalies
- Strong computer skills: networking, streaming, first line maintenance
- Knowledge of video over IP applications, specifically unicast, multicast, TCP/UDP, IGMP, routing and switching
- The ability to communicate effectively with customers during operations
- Excellent collaboration skills and be a committed team player
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to work under pressure with a high sense of urgency
- Self-management and the ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with remote teams
- The ability to work in shifts, including weekends and overnight coverage
Additional experience in the following areas would be a bonus:
- Experience working collaboratively with geographically distributed and international teams (our headquarters are located in Switzerland)
- Some experience in working on live sports events in a broadcasting environment
- Knowledge of digital video concepts (container formats, codecs, compression schemes, tools, best practices, etc.)
- ITIL certification
ONCE ON BOARD YOU WILL
- Be part of an outstanding multi-cultural and international team of engineers
- Get involved in Tier-1 media projects with impact and visibility
- Occasionally travel to our headquarters in Switzerland for workshops and training
- Enjoy our technology hub, designed to foster a culture of sharing, openness and creativity
ABOUT EUROVISION SERVICES
We aim to be the first-choice media services provider to customers by providing new, better and different ways to simply, efficiently and seamlessly access and deliver content and services.
We will not accept any applications after the closing date and we will contact only the candidates who correspond to the requirements.
Eurovision Technology Hub is committed to building a culturally and gender diverse workforce and to equality of opportunity. We welcome applications from underrepresented groups, regardless of their background.
To apply for this job please visit www.ebu.ch.