At the Pac-12, we love sports and technology! Join our team as a member of our Broadcast Engineering team. This role supports over 1000 live broadcasts per year. As Broadcast Engineer, you’ll rely on your working technical knowledge, problem-solving, and people skills to provide day-to-day maintenance and support of our production control rooms, studios, and broadcast and transmission infrastructure. Your objectives are to provide excellent service to our production, operations, and engineering teams.
Pac-12 Networks is renowned for pioneering IP-based remote production over our high-capacity network connecting almost 100 venues across all Pac-12 schools to our production studios in downtown San Francisco. Join us in this exciting opportunity to be a part of the future of best-in-class TV broadcasts, TV production, streaming, and AV support at the Conference of Champions.
- Perform broadcast engineering support duties for all live Pac-12 Networks broadcasts as first-line support for Production, Post-Production, Transmission, and Media Management teams.
- Participate in the installation, configuration, troubleshooting, technical support, and repair of broadcast technologies, television production, and IT equipment.
- Provision physical equipment, including case assembly, racking, cabling, electrical, etc.
- Repair of Field production equipment, as necessary.
- Update documentation such as standard operating procedures for the Support Group.
- Availability to participate, respond to, and manage 24×7 responses to emergency facility needs.
- Other duties as assigned by department management
- Limited travel as required.
- Minimum of two years experience in an engineering or broadcast maintenance organization.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in IP technology or principles and broadcast technologies design and support, specifically for At-Home (REMI) production models.
- Experience with the following technologies:
- Hardware and Cloud-based CODECs (Nevion, Evertz, Haivision, AWS/Elemental, etc) using J2K, H.264, HEVC, HLS, RTMP, RTP-FEC, SRT, RIST, ZIXI
- Management and troubleshooting production control room and studio infrastructure: video routing, switchers, audio consoles, intercom, graphics, studio automation, editing stations (Adobe Premier), MAM, etc
- Setup and configuration of file-based workflow systems
- Basic networking skills: router & switch config, traceroute, ping, Nmap, etc.
- Basic Linux and Windows server administration
- Exposure to key AWS services (S3, EC2, Cloudfront, etc)
- Google apps (Gmail, Google Docs, Google Calendar, etc.)
- Project management tools such as Jira
- Good relationship management and negotiation skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to be on-call 24-hours to provide support for escalated issues.
- Ability to lift and move Audio/Visual equipment weighing up to 50 pounds for various broadcast and events needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, broadcast, or related field preferred.
- Knowledgeable and passionate about Pac-12 Sports.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.