Provides technical expertise in the field of broadcast for a cable news channel including troubleshooting, repair, and preventative maintenance of television broadcast equipment, computers, and broadcast computer networks in a 24x7x365 environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Configure and optimize multiple broadcast and satellite feed/receive appliances and circuits
- Serve as E.I.C. during live and taped shows
- Communicate with show executive producers to resolve any technical issues
- Engage master control engineering and operations to resolve and technical issues
- Document quality standards, system anomalies, and operational procedures
- Ensure Newsmax technical quality standards are being met
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications
- Must be knowledgeable in all areas of technical production and repair, configuration, and operation with all studio production equipment including Broadcast Audio, Video and Control Systems, Video Servers, Storage Area Networks, RF Systems, Editing, and Post Production Systems
- Direct knowledge of Ross: video switchers, cg, playout, and routers a plus.
- Experience with production and post workflows including custom MAM, SAN, DAM workflows
- Detailed understanding of IT networking and Systems, Firewalls, Fiber-Optics, MPEG, SAN and RAID based systems, TCP/IP, DNS, SNMP, and Active Directory
- Experience with Windows and Linux computer operating systems, and computer networking
- Understanding of broadcast television and streaming technologies from studio and post production to master control and distribution.
- An ability to work on multiple tasks in a high pressure, 24/7 news environment
- Solutions-based, team player
- Able to lift 50lbs
Education & Experience
- Electrical Engineering, or other technical degree preferred
- 8+ years as broadcast engineer, or equivalent knowledge. 5+ years in live TV production
- Proven track record of starting, participating, managing and finalizing large projects
To apply for this job please visit teampeople.secure.force.com.