KIII-TV 3, the TEGNA-owned ABC affiliate seeks a Full-time, Broadcast Director-Assistant for our weekend morning newscast and shift will also include other newscast and Domingo Live production duties. Shift 4am-1pm.
Essential Job Functions
- Direct and Technical Direct clean studio newscast programming using ROSS video switcher, work in newsroom workflow systems to prepare newscasts and work with producers and production staff to create innovative and visually appealing content while meeting goals established by management.
- Minimum one year experience as a production assistant on newscast along with some directing and master control knowledge.
- Must be capable of identifying high quality production elements, both creatively and technically.
- Must be a team player with a knowledge of broadcast technologies including; broadcast switchers, router systems, master control servers, audio console and studio camera.
- Ability to work well and make quick decisions under pressure
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule in support of a 24x7x365 operation.
KIII TV-3, the TEGNA owned ABC affiliate in Corpus Christi, Texas, is looking for a Broadcast Director-Assistant. This role is responsible for assisting in newscast production and training to direct, technical direct and manually switch our live broadcasts.
Work closely with news staff to coordinate news production and will also be required to staff other technical positions as needed, including studio and audio operation. Will train to coordinate with producers and direct all technical aspects of live newscasts and other productions. Manually switch video sources, graphical keys, monitor graphics and other aspects of news production.
1 to 3 years’ experience working in broadcast television station and working on newscast production with an understanding of broadcast technology equipment. Excellent communication skills are required. Coordination of technical staff in a fast paces live environment is the primary job function. A certain amount of manual dexterity is required to manually switch. Knowledge of AP-ENPS, Edius and/or Sony Vegas edit software is helpful. Ability to adapt and embrace change.
To apply for this job please visit tegna.jobs.net.