The Broadcast & IT Systems Engineer requires a solid understanding of technology and practices necessary to perform maintenance, installation in both studio and outside broadcast facilities in a fast-paced production environment.
- In-house production support of live and recorded programming requires a knowledge of broadcast and IT infrastructure including:
- Technical spaces (control rooms, studios, terminal gear/equipment/central apparatus/distribution riser rooms and data centers)
- Associated production systems (A/V and data routing, signal processing, cameras, switchers, audio mixers, intercom, encoders/encoding, feeds/edit systems, master control, automation and transmission systems, etc.)
- A working knowledge of IT and data networking is also necessary to work in an increasingly IP and IT centric broadcast/multimedia infrastructure.
- Collaboration with team members, clients and other support groups is required to troubleshoot and resolve issues with broadcast/multimedia systems and computers in our production environments.
- This position will primarily provide facility-based support. However, there may be occasions requiring support of outside productions/events or to provide technical support to upgrade outside broadcast facilities.
- Any maintenance of Electronic Newsgathering (ENG) crew gear will be a shared responsibility with the field engineering team.
- Turner BEST teams operate within an ITSM Service Management framework, supported by common processes around planning and managing changes.
- Adherence to our standard ITSM processes to minimize impact and deliver value to our customers is required. This includes documenting issues/requests and escalating as needed for problem management and resolution via our in house service management system(s).
- A willingness to perform varied tasks, document systems and processes, adapt to changing priorities, and the ability to solve complex technical problems independently are essential to be successful in this position.
- We expect our BIT engineers to build good relationships amongst our client base and to provide excellent customer service.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) are required.
- Shift work on a rotating schedule is necessary to meet the needs of our customers.
- 2-4 year electrical/electronic/IT related degree (or equivalent experience and qualifications)
- 2-5 years of applicable work experience or demonstrated equivalent competency
- Ability to execute projects
- Systems administration/security desired
- Functional expertise and problem-solving abilities in most core broadcast systems
- CAD Skills desired
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, MacOS, and Linux
- Must be highly motivated to learn new emerging television and IT technologies and broaden knowledge of existing systems.
- Must have a good understanding of system design and be able to create and follow flow drawings.
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of broadcast systems operations.
- Network administration and diagnostic skills. – Working knowledge of broadcast IP routers or exposure to cloud solutions is a plus.
To apply for this job please visit careers.warnermediagroup.com.